Beginners Guide to CBD Flower
For some, cannabis flower isn’t some tea. Maybe this is on the grounds that it makes one feel excessively neurotic or on edge. We don’t suggest discounting cannabis flower totally. With the end goal to dodge the tornado of nervousness and suspicion, select CBD-rich flower. CBD-rich flower offers the majority of the useful impacts of high-THC flower without the fit of anxiety initiating impacts. CBD-rich flower can do everything from decrease aftereffects to migraines, notwithstanding for clients with high resistances. CBD flower offers customers a lucid experience with unfathomable advantages.
What is CBD Flower?
CBD flower is cannabis bud that enables individuals to unwind without getting high. Truth be told, in the event that you do get a handle on your high from a high THC item, you can even utilize CBD to convey you down to equilibrium. Today’s indica and sativa strains contain as much as 25 percent THC, significantly higher than mother and father’s schwag from the 60s. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is only one of numerous cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant and CBD additionally makes up a sizable part. Some cannabis cultivators have selected to develop for cannabidiol (CBD) for a helpful and non-psychoactive experience. While CBD flower contains low levels of psychoactive THC, the large amounts of CBD manage the impacts of THC.
The Entourage Effect
While many cannabis consumers may choose to opt for CBD-only products like CBD oil, CBD-rich flower can have better effects because of the synergy that occurs between THC and CBD. When smoking or vaping the entire cannabis flower, you get a wide breadth of therapeutic cannabinoids and fragrant terpenes that work together to influence each other’s actions. CBD, for instance, can enhance THC’s pain relieving and epilepsy reducing properties. CBD also encourages THC to stay longer in the system, helpful for people with chronic conditions.
Medicinal Value of High CBD and Low THC Flower
High CBD and low THC flower can alleviate chronic pain, inflammation, seizures, and anxiety. Specifically, CBD flower can help reduce symptoms associated with multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, arthritis pain, Dravet’s Syndrome, and some anxiety disorders. When smoked or vaped, CBD flower can deliver immediate effects for acute symptoms. Since consuming CBD flower requires inhalation, it may not be the best consumption method for people with respiratory problems, children or the elderly.
Determining Dose of CBD Flower
Everyone’s ideal dose of CBD flower is different. Every strain will affect everyone differently. Since strains have differing ratios of CBD to THC, consumers can try out many to determine what works best for them. Some people may be more sensitive to THC than others. They need a CBD flower with a high ratio of CBD to THC for less of a high. Start off by consuming low doses of high CBD cannabis flower. A low dose can be one to two inhalations from joint, vaporizer or water pipe. While it isn’t an exact science, the slower you go, the better you can determine your tolerance for THC and CBD.
Buying cannabis flower solely based on a high THC is (and should be) an outdated approach to cannabis consumption. If you’re buying liquor, do you always opt for white lightning given its high alcohol percentage? Cannabis consumers are growing wise to the unique effects of high-CBD flower, which can enhance the overall experience. CBD-rich flower boasts robust relaxing effects that can benefit users that rely on indica strains for its mellowing effects. Strains including Charlotte’s Web, Sour Tsunami, and AC/DC (to name a few) aren’t psychoactive, but offer a potent pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, and anxiety-reducing effects due to the high amounts of CBD in the flower.
Tinctures Work better
Tinctures still are the best proven way to get CBD without risking the chances of popping on a drug test for THC. Not only are tinctures safer, no smoke, do not smell, and have less risk for testing positive on a drug test, but they often beat the amount of CBD inside hemp flowers by 25-45% on average. Check out the Vetted list of companies for high CBD tinctures that are safe, and proven effective. All provide lab analysis showing the CBD content and how little THC there is. Its the best risk free option if you are looking for high CBD strains.
Basic noobie guide for CBD dosages
CBD Oil Dosage – General Advice to Assess How Much CBD to Take
Even with the wave of states legalizing medical marijuana, many physicians are still reluctant to prescribe cannabinoids because they are not sure what dosages to prescribe. After all, most medical schools never cover CBD Cannabidiol in their pharmacology courses. Medical scientists are just now developing dosing schedules for medical marijuana, medicinal hemp and their extracts, including CBD.
CBD-rich hemp oil comes in various concentrations and forms, including liquid hemp oil, hemp oil as a thick paste, oil in capsules, sublingual tincture drops or sprays, salves for topical use, edibles as in candy or gum and CBD vapor from vaporizers similar to e-cigarettes.
Everyone Is Different
What you will find on this page is meant to be a guideline, a starting point of reference. The fact remains that everyone is in a different place and will react differently to their CBD dosage. As serving size or dosage of CBD differs for each person, it is best to start small and gradually increase until you experience the desired result.
CBD Brands Confusing Dosage
CBD oil brands create a lot of confusion for consumers because they all have different standards. Many of them recommend way too much as a “serving” and others recommend too little. Because of this lack of standard during our review of individual CBD products,
It is also recommended that you try increasing dosage every 3-4 weeks by 25mg until symptom relief. And to decrease amount of CBD with any worsening of symptoms.
CBD Oil Dosing
Concentrations vary between preparations, ranging from 1 mg per dose to hundreds of milligrams. This makes it easy for consumers to get the dosages they need in a form they find easy to use.
Mayo Clinic suggests CBD dosages on scientific research, publications, traditional use, or expert opinion. Cannabinoid dosages and duration of treatment depend largely on the disease.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Take?
To increase appetite in cancer patients: 2.5 milligrams of THC by mouth with or without 1 mg of CBD for six weeks
To treat chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD by mouth for an average of 25 days.
To treat epilepsy: 200-300 mg of CBD by mouth daily.
To treat movement problems associated with Huntington’s disease: 10 mg per kilogram of CBD by mouth daily for six weeks.
To treat sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD by mouth.
To treat multiple sclerosis symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of a THC-CBD combination by mouth daily for 2-15 weeks. A mouth spray might contain 2.7 milligrams of THC and 2.5 milligrams of CBD at doses of 2.5-120 milligram for up to eight weeks. Patients typically use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in any 24-hour period.
To treat schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg CBD by mouth daily.
To treat glaucoma: a single CBD dose of 20-40 mg under the tongue. Doses greater than 40 mg may actually increase eye pressure.
According to CannLabs, the nation’s top full-service testing lab for cannabis products, there is no established lethal CBD dose. Consumers should read product inserts carefully to ensure they are taking the right amount of CBD, and talk to the prescribing physician about any questions or concerns.
Still Have Questions? Get info from other users on reddit!
Your Ultimate Guide to CBD dabbing
If you are a soccer fan, you may associate dabbing with an idiotic celebration of doing the rounds. As it happens, ‘dabbing’ is also the term used to describe the consumption of extremely potent CBD. Companies such as CBDistillery sell CBD concentrates in wax, shatter, butter, or powder form. They are usually 99% pure which makes them a lot more effective, and expensive, than CBD oils and edibles.
While dabbing is also performed with THC products, this comprehensive guide tells you more about the types of CBD concentrates on the market, the creation of concentrates, the right dabbing tools to use, and also helpful information on the correct dabbing technique.
The entire dabbing process will seem alien to you at first, but you’ll soon get used to it. It is technically classified as “the flash vaporization” of CBD concentrates when it is applied to a hot surface and then inhaled. You ‘dab’ using concentrates which are a lot more potent than the CBD you get from oils and edibles.
It is normal for a CBD isolate to contain 99% of the cannabinoid, and while it is expensive, users swear by its impact. To be honest, we wouldn’t recommend dabbing to CBD newcomers, though – you will get so used to the rapid relief that you won’t accept CBD oils or edibles ever again!
Types of Concentrates on the Market
While there are various types of concentrates available, high-quality versions all contain huge doses of CBD.
- Wax: While this concentrate has a relatively firm texture, it breaks easily.
- Butter: This substance is soft and easy to manipulate.
- Shatter: This is a brittle option which ‘shatters’ easily as per the name. The best quality shatter tends to be golden yellow. Shatter with a darker color tends to have a lot of impurities. It is typically the most potent option.
- Crystalline: This is a fancy term for powder. Its main advantage is that it is easy to work with as an ingredient.
How is CBD Concentrate Made?
While we can’t speak for every product on the market, we can tell you how CBD concentrate should be made. The best products are extracted from non-GMO hemp via supercritical CO2 extraction. The concentrate that is produced should include the cannabinoids, fatty acids and other plant materials naturally found in hemp.
The next step involves purifying the CBD hemp oil using a proprietary process for removing excess waxes and plant materials. The result is a 99% pure CBD isolate in one of the forms mentioned above. Reputable companies will include third-party lab testing results on their websites, and the top firms have isolate that is between 99.7% and 99.9% pure. They also utilize ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited testing labs, which results in CBD that is free from toxins, heavy metals, mildew, mold, fungus and other impurities.
CBD Dabs – An Introduction to concentrates
We’ll cover how they are made, the different types, and the difference between THC dabs and CBD dabs. The main difference being the content of cannabinoids CBD and THC.
CBD Dabs – Types of concentrates
There are several types of concentrates but all of them are purified extractions of cannabis resin contained within the trichomes. CBD Dabs differ in that they contain higher levels of CBD than is normally found in high THC concentrates.
Budder has a soft caramel like texture and is quite flexible and easy to manipulate.
Waxes are slightly firmer than butter and may break if handled too rough
Shatter is much harder and quite brittle compared to waxes. they are generally a clear golden yellow to amber color. the darker the shatter the more impurities there are in the material.
Hash oil or phoenix tears are a liquid concentrate and is one of the oldest concentrates in the industry
Hash or hashish is pressed kief or trichomes as they are known scientifically. Hash is one of the oldest concentrates and dates back several centuries where it was made by hand in india as charas.
kief is the loose powder form of trichomes. It can be found at the bottom of any 3 or 4 piece grinder purified by a screen. press this powder and you get hash.
CBD Dabs – How are they made
There are two main methods of creating cannabis concentrates, solvent-based extraction and non-solvent extraction. In solvent-based extraction, chemical solvents such as butane, propane, carbon dioxide (CO2) and alcohol are used to separate resin glands containing the psychoactive compound THC from the cannabis flower. In non-solvent extractions, water, temperatureand pressure are the predominant factors.
Solvent-based extractions utilize chemical solvents to strip cannabis flowers of their highly potent resin glands. Because chemical solvents are often highly flammable, professional extractors use what are called “closed-loop” systems to ensure that there is no airborne chemical exposure during the process, therefore eliminating any risk for fire, over-pressurization or explosion. This is why concentrate production should only be conducted by licensed professionals. It is extremely dangerous and illegal to perform solvent-based extractions at home, so leave the process to the professionals!
CBD Dabs – The Tools
Essentially, dabbing is the flash vaporization of cannabis concentrates once applied to a hot surface and inhaled. These concentrates are a lot more potent than marijuana flowers, so a little bit goes a long way.
Dabbing technology is evolving, but the traditional setup includes the following items (keep in mind that the appearance of each tool may vary slightly depending on its design):
- A cannabis extract. Any of the above listed concentrates like budder, wax, or shatter. Do not use alcohol based extracts for dabbing as trace amounts of alcohol may be present and is combustible.
- A water pipe. You can take the glass bowl pieces out and replace them with dabbing attachments to turn your pipe into a dab rig.
- A nail. Find a nail that fits your water pipe’s gauge. Some are made of ceramic and quartz, but titanium is the most commonly used type.
- A dome. This is the glass hood placed around the nail. “Dome-less” nails (see below) don’t need a glass globe, but standard nails need something to trap the vapor before it’s inhaled.
- A torch. Mini-torches used for crème brulee will do the job, but some choose to upgrade to larger propane-fueled torches that heat nails faster. New flame-less methods of dabbing are becoming available, but most people still use the torch method due to the low cost investment.
- A dabber. This is the glass, metal, or ceramic tool used to apply a dab.
What Are Dabbing Tools?
Although dabbing technology is long from being in its infancy, there is still plenty of room for improvement. Nonetheless, there are several dabbing tools available to help you consume your CBD isolate in the most efficient manner possible. What we will say is this: If you are only picking one option, choose a tool capable of being versatile when it comes to handling concentrates of differing consistencies.
The important thing to remember is that you will be vaporizing your concentrates.
- Dabbing Rig: This is a modified water pipe that has a glass joint designed to hold a nail instead of a connector (as you would have on a bubbler or bong). With this tool, you heat up the nail and place the concentrate on it to cause vaporization. There are various sizes available, so decide if you want a mini-rig or a larger one that sits on a coffee table.
- Nail: You can purchase a quartz or titanium nail. Aficionados tend to choose quartz because it provides better flavor. Also, with titanium, there is a danger of oxidation at high temperatures and these nails can degrade when used improperly.
- Carb Cap Dabber: The purpose of this tool is to place the concentrate on the hot nail safely. If you have dry concentrate, choose a wide dabber as it does a better job of scooping. A Carb Cap also enables you to dab at a slightly lower temperature. This is vital because at the reduced temperature, you get more of the terpenes which are lost at higher temperatures.
- Dab Rag/Mat: This handy piece of equipment acts as a stand for the rig. Without it, there’s a good chance that your table will get coated in sticky residue. It is best to purchase an easily washable rag or mat. You can also use the rag to remove the mess made from dabbing.
- Torch: How else are you going to heat up the nail? Remember to purchase a butane refill as your torch will be empty when you purchase it.
- Electronic Nail: This is a must for concentrate lovers as it is an adjustable and constant heat source which means there is no need for a torch. The downside? E-Nails are expensive and can cost up to $300.
What is the Correct Dabbing Technique?
Once all your equipment is in place, turn on the torch and make sure the flame is hitting the nail. Don’t make the mistake of overheating the nail, though – a lot of people prefer to heat it until it turns red hot, but this isn’t necessary. In fact, too much heat can reduce the quality of CBD.
When the nail is hot enough, switch off the torch and place the glass dome over the nail. If you use quartz nails, allow them to cool for 45 seconds; for titanium nails, the waiting period is just 10 seconds.
Use your dabber to grab the correct amount of CBD concentrate and add it directly to the nail inside the dome. Inhale the vapor slowly and rotate the dabber tip on the nail to avoid wasting oil that could be stuck to the dabber. Exhale, enjoy, and repeat until satisfied.
The Importance of Getting the Temperature Right
Although it is not a precise measurement, experts state that if your nail has a red-hot glow, it is probably more than 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit! If it has a pale red glow, it is still in or around the 900-degree mark. If you add the CBD concentrate to a nail that is too hot, you will destroy many of the things that make CBD so amazing.
In reality, the optimal temperature for dabbing is between 300 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit, as this is the boiling point range for a lot of terpenes found in marijuana. For example, terpenes such as Linalool and Humulene have boiling points of 388 degrees, while a-Pinene has a boiling point of 311 degrees. (To be fair, this information is not relevant if you use CBD isolate, because isolates don’t have any terpenes).
If you have money to spend, you should invest in a dome-less nail or an e-nail. A dome-less nail is a metal piece that doesn’t require a glass dome to provide you with vapor. Rather, it contains numerous tiny holes that ensure the vapor goes straight through the piece.
While an e-nail is rather expensive, it is worth it if you’re serious about dabbing CBD. It allows you to not need a dome or a torch, which are pieces of equipment considered the most dangerous aspect of dabbing. Best of all, you can control the temperature of an e-nail which means you’re guaranteed to get the best from your CBD concentrate.
Quick Guide – CBD Dabs – How-To Instructions
Once the rig is set up and your dab is prepared on the dabber, you’re ready to get started. We advise you to sit while taking a dab, since the rush of THC can be physically intense.
Step 1: Turn on your torch and aim the flame directly at the nail. Most people will heat the nail until it begins turning red-hot. If you’re using an electronic nail, refer to the section below for more information on heating.
Step 2: Once the nail is hot, turn off your torch and place the glass dome over the nail. It’s recommended to let titanium nails cool for about 10 seconds and quartz nails about 45 seconds so the surface temperature isn’t too hot.
Step 3: Take your dabber, apply the dab directly on the nail inside the dome, and inhale slowly. Rotating the dabber tip on the nail can help you prevent wasting any oil stuck to the dabber.
Step 4: Exhale and enjoy!
Safety notice: nails and glass domes become extremely hot in the dabbing process. Take caution when handling them, and always wait for all pieces to cool down before you even think of touching them.
5 Benefits of Dabbing CBD
Experienced CBD users claim that no other consumption method can compare to dabbing. As long as you purchase premium grade CBD, you will find that the symptoms of conditions (such as nausea, anxiety, and chronic pain) will ease off in record time.
It is also a fact that dabbing pure CBD is a much more pleasant sensation that smoking cannabis, which can be testing on the lungs. Here is a quick look at just some of the benefits of dabbing CBD:
1) Antiemetic – Combats nausea, vomiting and motion sickness. This makes it helpful with the side effects from chemotherapy and opioid (heavy duty pain killers like hydrocodone, morphine, fentanyl and oxycodone these are listed as narcotics painkillers, as well as severe gastroenteritis. Why does this matter? The faster onset of a dab makes this a quick way to get that sick painful feeling to go away, so you can return to normal and functional.
2) Anticonvulsant – Fights against seizures and epilepsy, alone that is very impressive, but it is also being used for its antipsychotic properties. Antipsychotics help those with bipolar, and borderline personality disorder, by acting as a mood stabilizer. Anxiolytic, which means it also combats anxiety and panic, as well as being an antidepressant. Why does this matter? This is just a whole lot of great news for those that suffer from anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, clinical depression, bipolar depression, as well as those suffering from epilepsy and seizures.
3) Anti inflammatory – Reduces inflammation and swelling giving relief to many arthritis sufferers, as well as helping with chronic pain. Why is this important? In states with medicinal marijuana a significant number of deaths due to opioid overdose have lessened between 16 and 31 percent, as people switch to cannabis for their pain relief.
4) Antioxidant – Oxygen, the stuff we breathe in order to survive, is corrosive to the tissues of our bodies and causes cell degradation. We have all seen what happens to metal left unprotected from oxygen, it rusts. The best part is antioxidants prevent this cell degradation in our bodies by inhibiting oxidation of healthy cells. The release of free radicals can farther damage these cells.
5) Antitumor / Anti cancer – Prevents or combats the growth of cancerous and non cancerous tumors in the body. This is the big one causing so much fuss over marijuana in the U.S.. Why does this matter? In 2016, an estimated 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed and 595,690 people will die from the disease. Check out this article for more information on this.
Cons of Dabbing
Although there is a myriad of fantastic benefits associated with dabbing, there are a few perceived downsides too. There is a suggestion that dabbing is dangerous, but this only relates to the extraction methods that are used to produce the concentrate. It is not a wise move to try and extract CBD from hemp or cannabis because a combination of flammable gases and bad ventilation could result in an explosion. Also, there is no way of knowing how pure your end product is. You can eliminate this danger by purchasing a high-quality CBD isolate from a reputable company such as CBDistillery.
The next danger relates to the process itself. Again, it is a bad idea to create DIY dabbing equipment. A good quality nail and torch combo is essential as it enables you to dab safely without worrying about fires.
We also recommend taking it easy with dabbing if you are inexperienced. Although you won’t overdose on CBD, consuming an excessive amount could result in a very uncomfortable experience.
How Do I Measure the Dosage?
It takes time to get to grips with dosing levels if you’re an inexperienced dabber. For a start, most companies sell their concentrates in 0.5 grams, 1 gram, 3.5 gram and 7-gram sizes. High-quality concentrate is not cheap; you can expect to pay at least $30 per gram (or $25+ if you purchase a larger size).
We recommend searching for a product that clearly illustrates the level of CBD in it. For example, CBDistillery’s CBD slab contains 99.5% CBD, so you know there are 0.995 grams of cannabidiol per gram of product. Things are made a lot easier if you have a kitchen scale because you can accurately measure your dose. Most people begin with 10mg doses, but it can be tricky to measure out such a minute amount the first time out. However, practice makes perfect, and at least you know that the CBD you’re consuming is pure.
Final Thoughts on Dabbing CBD
If you have a medical condition and are fed up with worthless painkillers, save your money and purchase high-quality CBD and dabbing equipment instead. CBD is known to help the symptoms of a litany of medical conditions with no side effects. When you dab CBD, you can enjoy the purest form of this cannabinoid and benefit from rapid relief.
Enjoy the video guide below we found on youtube for those visual learners
[yotuwp type=”videos” id=”N_q0wv_JaQI” ]
FAQ about CBD and where to find real medicine
Vetted Companies by /r/CBD
What is CBD
Cannabidiol—CBD—is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC.
The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis, seizures, spasms, and other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.
Scientific and clinical research—much of it sponsored by the US government—underscores CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, MS, chronic pain, schizophrenia, PTSD, depression, antibiotic-resistant infections, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrable neuroprotective and neurogenic effects, and its anti-cancer properties are currently being investigated at several academic research centers in the United States and elsewhere. Further evidence suggests that CBD is safe even at high doses.
To search by dosage threads only
- Crohn’s / UC / Digestive
- Epilepsy / Seizure
- Arthritis / AS
- Headaches / Migraines
How does CBD work with (X) Medication?
- CBD has been shown in large quantities to interact with your CYP450, essentially “deactivating” it. This obviously being not good as it can cause adverse reactions with medications, especially anxiolytics. (Heighten/weaken strength, or activation of side effects like nausea, etc)
Does CBD Oil make you nauseous?
- People sometimes feel this way due to the carrier oil used, make sure you eat before taking it- You may be sensitive to the coconut oil or carrier oil.
What’s Full-spectrum vs Isolate?
- Full spectrum means the product contains THC and other cannabinoids, not just CBD. Isolate means it’s solely CBD, or the listed cannabinoid. (CBN, CBG, etc)
Will CBD make me positive on drug tests?
- See above. If Full-Spectrum it’s fully possible to test positive. If it’s isolate, it shouldn’t.
CBD with Keppra? Depakote? Diazepam? Clobazam? (Insert anticonvulsant here)
- Advise caution when mixing any anticonvulsant with CBD as it can pose risks as mentioned earlier with CYP450- Talk to your Neurologist/Epileptologist before committing. (Or ask Dr. Krishna!)
How does Omega-3 work with CBD?
- Essentially it’s said that Omega-3 deficiencies do have a correlation with low CB1 response, especially being that omega-3 deficiencies are a fairly common occurrence with the American diet. Low Omega-3 can lead to seasonal affect disorder- “Using mice, the study found that a deficiency in Omega-3 caused presynaptic CB1 receptors to uncouple from their effector G proteins, essentially disabling them. This dietary-induced impairment of CB1 function adversely affected emotional behavior.”, So essentially when Omega 3 is inplace its holding the CB receptors, preventing de-coupling. So with Omega-3 usage with CBD you are ensuring the CB receptors are not degraded, or decoupled, thus ensuring maximum potential benefit. There’s a good study about this and MDD here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC533861/
How do I know if CBD is working?
- Typically CBD is shown as ‘working’ per symptomatic relief. It will not cure your ailments, merely treat symptoms- nausea, pain, anxiety, depression, etc. Compare yourself prior to taking it, and after. You should have relief from what you’re looking to address- if not, try a higher dosage.
Am I doing this right? I don’t feel the effect I thought I was going to feel?
- Due to CB1/CB2 cluster sizes, everyone experiences CBD slightly differently. If you’re expecting something like a THC high, or even alcohol inebriation- you’re not thinking about it right. Ideally, you will feel almost perfectly normal, just without the given symptom you’re looking to address. E.g. Pain > No Pain.
“What’s a good starting dose? I see studies using 300+ mg doses. I can’t afford that every day!”
- A starting dose would be 10-20mg daily. It is thought that CBD somewhat builds up in your body over the first week or so you are taking it, so the first few days you may not notice much of an effect. Once established, 30mg is considered a full daily dose for average people. Some with extreme pain or other ailments may up the dose to 50mg or more. If you need much more than 50-70mg daily then CBD may not be the best cost effective option for you. It seems that studies like the one you mention use large doses because, in all honesty, the effects of CBD with a daily dose are difficult to establish and empirically record. They use such large doses so that it exaggerates the effects for the study to actually see them. A commonly expressed view of the effects of CBD is simply that it makes you feel normal, it only really takes away symptoms and pain, instead of causing you to feel something. That is inherently difficult to observe in a scientific method, because it is subjective for each person. Hence why they use such a large dose.
Highest Rated /r/CBD
As most of you have found out by now – CBD is hit or miss depending on where it comes from. Many people have found there are a lot of snake oil sellers out there who are preying on the sick.
Each company reached out to us on their own, and then we presented them with a multi-page questionnaire about their process. These are not all the questions – we asked over 30 questions.
Some examples of questions are:
- Where do you source your CBD?
- What steps are taken to keep the medicine safe from degradation?
- Do you have all the permits required by state and county laws, to be in the cannabis industry? Please provide details.
- Can you provide passing test results for the following: Microbiological, Aerobic count, coliforms, enterobacteria, E coli count, yeast and mold, pseudomonas, salmonella, Pesticides/carbamates, Heavy metals, organophosphates and a cannabinoid potency test.
From their answers – our moderator team looked over each and every one. This gave us a good understanding of how their company works, and let us move on to the legal side of things.
The next steps were reviewing the documents sent over. We looked up each company, made sure they had all permits required by the state in order to operate. If they did, they moved on to the last step.
Each company that made it this far sent in samples of their products. These samples were tested by patients with different ailments. A few were sent to the moderator in Florida where two patients; 1. with Cerebral Palsy. 2. with mental health disorder – tested each product sent.
The other companies sent their product to the moderator team in California, where two patients 1. with M.S 2. Disabled w/ pain management – took the samples as well.
Both teams found the samples from the companies selected to be extremely high-quality products and HAD POSITIVE RESULTS on their ailments.
The following are those companies. (This list is not set in stone, companies can be added, or removed If you’re a company, please send a private message to ‘/r/CBD‘ and the mod team can look at your company.
The following are those companies. (This list is not set in stone, companies can be added, or removed If you’re a company, please send a private message to ‘/r/CBD‘ and the mod team can look at your company.
NuLeaf Naturals [COUPON CODE]: CBD10 10% OFF ENTIRE ORDER
A great company based out of Denver Colorado, their CBD products are top of the line. They are in line with all requirements listed above, but specifically, their product is superb.
BlueBird [COUPON CODE]: redditcbd25 25% OFF ENTIRE ORDER
One of the leaders in the CBD industry – Bluebird is known for quality. They are a huge supplier of CBD and often times supply some of the lower level CBD sellers. This company is always good. They provide testing for each batch, and their prices reflect the quality. They are a wide range of products from isolates to extracts to tinctures.
These are the official bluebird distributors for Europe! If your looking to get European CBD this is the place. Same exact product as bluebird, just for the EU.
Populum Coupon Code 10% OFF – LUVREDDIT10
A great company from texas that offers a product promised to be pure as can be. Their results for testing are nice, their product has great quality, and they uphold high morals. [Tincture](2m8pUS6)
Receptra Naturals Coupon Code 15% OFF – redditCBD
Colorado based company Receptra Naturals offers some of the best CBD products. With above standard testing done on each batch, the product is proven to be a pure as possible. Locally sourced from our family-owned farms in Colorado.
Lazarus Naturals Coupon Code 10% OFF – reddit10 One of the oldest and best CBD producers on the West Coast. They have every type of CBD product and even RSO oil.
Another great Colorado company. Their product speaks for itself and is highly effective. At the moment they have been having issues with credit card processors and can only take payment over the phone. But they still ship and deliver a great product.
One of the highest rated CBD vendors out of denver. Known for their slabs of crystal CBD isolate and great prices.
Vermont based hemp growers.
Palmetto Harmony [COUPON CODE]:redditcbd 10% OFF ENTIRE ORDER
High prices but great feedback from the other mods.
They are an industry leader for B2B CBD sales. Wholesaling and bulk. If you want to start a CBD company, source it from here. They are high quality and provide REAL medicine.